SA8000® Advanced Lead Auditor Training Course
July 29 @ 12:00 am - July 31 @ 12:00 am$1100
This course is designed to provide an in-depth overview of international labor conventions, labor standard elements, and the SA8000 certification system. The course is required from all SA8000 Lead Auditors based on the requirements set by Social Accountability Accreditation Services. Participants may only take the course after the successful completion of the SA8000 Introduction and Basic Auditor Training. The course consists of an online prerequisite and a classroom training course.
- SA8000 Advanced Auditor Pre-Course Questionnaire
Auditors are asked to complete a short survey verifying information from when they completed the Basic Course.
- SA8000 Advanced Auditor Classroom Course (3 days)
Designed for experienced social auditors, the advanced classroom course equips participants with in-depth knowledge on social auditing and skills necessary for conducting successful audits in the field. The class builds on the collective experiences of the participants, offering insight into fundamental issues that arise in field assessments.
- Compliance issues in different industry sectors and regions
- Advanced auditing skills learned through a variety of case studies and role play exercises
- Tools for assessing social performance in different areas, such as basic needs wage, overtime hours, freedom of association and control of suppliers
- Interview techniques for gathering accurate information from workers, NGOs, and trade unions among other parties
The course includes audit simulations that allow participants to practice document review, worker interviews, the drafting of non-conformance requests and the conducting of open and closed meetings.
The course concludes with a one-hour exam, and students who successfully pass after attending the online prerequisite and the classroom training course are awarded the SA8000 Advanced Auditor Training Course Completion Certificate.
All students participating in the SA8000 Advanced Auditor Training Course must have successfully completed the SA8000 Introduction and Basic Auditor Training and exam prior to their enrollment to the course. It is strongly recommended that SA8000 auditors allow for a minimum of three to six months between completing the basic course before taking the advanced course in order to gain knowledge in the field prior to becoming certified as an SA8000 Lead Auditor.
- July 29 @ 12:00 am
- July 31 @ 12:00 am
- Event Categories:
- SA8000, Social Auditing, Training
- Event Tags:
- compliance, labor rights, management systems, SA8000, social auditing, social fingerprint, social performance, supply chain
- Guadalajara, Mexico
- Guadalajara, Mexico