Introduction to Living Wage
June 11 @ 9:00 am$329
This one-day training event explains living wage concepts and provides guidance on how to translate those concepts into daily reality.
International stakeholders increasingly recognize living wage as an important human right. Living wage features prominently in international guidelines like the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and has clear connections to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. As a result, more and more companies and standard setters are adopting living wage in their policies and standards.
This is good news, but many still struggle with the concept. Living wage is seen as abstract, hard to define, and aspirational. More specific guidance is needed on how to make a living wage work in practice. This training will help you on your way.
This course will help participants understand what living wage is and how they can implement it in their company or supply chain. At the end of the course, participants will:
- understand living wage concepts, including definitions and the position of living wage in international guidelines and regulations;
- be familiar with living wage methodologies (including the Anker methodology), estimates and the underlying key components;
- understand the reasons for gaps between minimum legal wages and living wages;
- recognize obstacles to implementation of a living wage;
understand different approaches to implementing a living wage;
be familiar with the wage ladder concept;
- be able to integrate living wage in social compliance programs or human rights due diligence approaches;
- understand connections between living wage, responsible purchasing practices, and social dialogue;
- recognize living wage challenges in both developed and developing countries.
The training program will consist of a mixture of presentations, case studies, and individual and group exercises.
The Training is applicable to companies in any industry and of any size. It is designed for use by senior management, as well as professionals in the human resources, corporate social responsibility, compliance and sourcing departments. The training is also intended for CSR experts and consultants who train or advise companies, as well as for NGO, trade union, and government representatives to learn about the implications of living wage on their work.
Participants will receive a certificate after completion of the training.
For inquiries, please contact Stephanie Wilson: email@example.com
- June 11
- 9:00 am
- Event Categories:
- Living Wage, Professional Development, Training
- Event Tags:
- Anker methodology, ÿcompliance, ÿcorporate social responsibility, ÿCSR, ÿcurrent wages, ÿdue diligence, ÿGLWC, ÿhuman rights, ÿliving wage, ÿminimum wage, ÿOECD, ÿresponsible purchasing, ÿSDGs, ÿsocial dialogue, ÿsourcing, ÿsupply, ÿSustainable Development Goals, ÿUNGP, ÿwage gap, ÿwage ladder